Set up New Service for Water/Service
Deposits are transferable from one address to another if closing current account within 7 days.
Deposit Payment Methods: Cash, Credit/Debit (additional 2.95% fee), or 2 checks made payable to “City of West Melbourne” – 1 for $100 and 1 for $30
- $50 Water Deposit (3/4" Connection)
- $50 Sewer Deposit (3/4" Connection)
- $30 Non-refundable service fee
- $130 Total to initiate new service
Please note that all paperwork and deposits must be in our office by 3 p.m. on the date requested to start service.
The breakdown of a minimum monthly bill for customers living within West Melbourne City Limits with both water and sewer is shown below.
- $14.95 Monthly Potable Water Service Charge
- Usage rate per thousand is:
- $6.20 - 0 to 3,000 gallons
- $6.45 - 3,000 to 7,000 gallons
- $6.80 - 7,000 to 11,000 gallons
- $7.15 - above 11,000 gallons
- Usage rate per thousand is:
- $14.45 Monthly Sewer Service Charge
- Usage rate per thousand is: $5.00 per 1,000 gallons
The minimum monthly rate for any portion of a month shall be billed. Residences with backflow meters will also have a $2.50 per month service fee and where reuse water is available a $16.69 per month flat rate will be charged for reuse water used for irrigation only.
Garbage Recycle & Yard Trash Charges:
- $13.68 per month for single-family homes
- $4.11 for each additional container (one garbage and one recycle container included with service)
Utility bills are generated monthly and will be considered late if payment is not received on or before the due date on the bill. Past Due balances are due immediately to avoid interruption of service. Payments made by cash, check or Auto Pay using your checking account will not incur a processing fee. Additionally, many banking institutions offer online bill payment services free of charge. Payments made using a credit or debit card will incur a processing fee of 2.95% with a $1.95 minimum. Payments using an e-Check will incur a processing fee of $2.95. Payments can be made in any of the following manners:
- ACH process
- In person at 2240 Minton Rd. West Melbourne, FL 32904 (City Hall, first floor)
- Night-drop slot at City Hall (North end of parking lot)
- U.S. Mail to P.O. Box 120009 West Melbourne, FL 32912-0009
Accounts are considered delinquent if payment has not been processed on or before the due date and a 10% late charge will be added to the next bill. Once the account is in delinquent status, a shut off notice will be sent out by preferred method of contact. If a payment has not been made by the date stated in the notice, a $50 fee will be charged and the service will be disconnected. Service will not be reconnected until the current past due balance has been paid.
- $50 After hours call-out fee
- $100 Illegal water turn-on fine
Closing the Account
The account can be closed by coming into City Hall and filling out the “Final Account” form, or by electronic submission. The request must be signed by the account holder(s) whose name(s) appears on the bill. For your protection, no telephone requests will be accepted. The deposit will be refunded less any outstanding amount due.
Our goal is to provide the best customer service we can. If you have any questions about your bill or payment arrangements, please call us at 321-837-7750, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.